Cycling is a fun, healthy, active, cost effective, and environmentally friendly form of transportation.
Interested in choosing cycling as a sustainable mode of transport?
Consider the following for the best cycling experience:
- Keep your bike in good repair
- Consider what is a comfortable distance for you
- Plan your route- try a test-ride it on a quiet Sunday.
- Wear a helmet
- Wear a bright / light-coloured jacket
- Use reflectors and night lights
- Use a bell
- Dress in layers
- Purchase a strong bike lock
- Install a basket, or rack and panniers for transporting goods
Have traffic/safety concerns?
Are you Cyclist in the Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM)?
HRM Active Transportation plan
HRM has a plan that outlines their policies and future projects to increase the number of residents using active transportation. Interested in the future of cycling in HRM? Familiarize yourself with HRM’s Active Transportation Plan.
Concerned about Cycling Conditions and Issues?
Become a member of the Halifax Cycling Coalition (HCC). The HCC is a non-profit organization of concerned citizens dedicated to improving cycling conditions and raising awareness of cycling issues in HRM.