Today, after months of hard work, Halifax's Integrated Mobility Plan is going to Council for debate. To improve our transportation networks and give more people access to sustainable transportation options across the Region, staff are proposing
- a network of connected, protected bicycle lanes downtown Halifax and Dartmouth
- regional trail connections to provide more access for walking and cycling
- the adoption of a Complete Streets policy, which will change the way we design our streets using a pedestrian-first lens
- transit priority measures to get buses out of traffic
- support car sharing and other innovative transportation options + more
Ahead of today's discussion, read our take on the plan and the recommendations we have for Council and staff to ensure this plan truly helps us to build a sustainable and equitable transportation system in Halifax.