Thank you for celebrating World Wetlands Day with us on Feb. 2, 2023! Please watch this page for information on World Wetlands Day events in 2024.
World Wetlands Day honours these incredible natural features and reminds the world to reflect on the importance of wetlands in the fight against climate change. World Wetlands Day takes place each year on February 2, the anniversary of the Ramsar Convention on Wetlands, which was adopted as an international treaty in 1971.
Join us and other organizations across Nova Scotia in celebrating local wetlands for World Wetlands Day 2023!
- EAC and Nature Nova Scotia are hosting a protecting wetlands public workshop on Thursday, Feb. 2, 2023 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the Captain Spry Centre. All are welcome to register for the workshop here.
- ACAP Cape Breton will be releasing a virtual wetland tour on Thursday, Feb. 2, 2023. Explore the beauty of wetlands in Unama'ki, including the plants and animals that live there, and discover why these natural filters are such important components of our environment.
- Join CARP and the Town of Middleton on a guided winter wetland tour at 2 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 4, 2023. Snowshoes will be made available thanks to the Town of Middleton's Recreation committee. Please see here for details on the guided wetland tour.
- Ducks Unlimited Canada will be hosting weekly webinars every Wednesday for the month of February 2023 at 12:00 p.m. AST. Topics include Wetlands on the Wolastoq, Wetland Assessment and Educational Resources, Wetland Policies, and Measuring Carbon in Wetlands. Register for the first webinar here.
- Take action to help save Arlington Wetlands and nearby shoreline communities from unlawful toxic dumping! Send a message to those responsible to get this mess cleaned up by getting a lawn sign from Annapolis Waterkeepers via Facebook, Twitter or email. Signs are free, donations toward their cost are welcome.
- Ducks Unlimited Canada will also be hosting a celebration of World Wetlands Day and Groundhog Day at the Shubenacadie Provincial Wildlife Park on Thursday, Feb. 2! The Wildlife Park & Wetland Centre will be open from 7:30 a.m. until 12 p.m. More details here.