About Winter Walk Day 2019
Winter is still a great time to walk and be outside! Schools and youth groups are invited to walk at school or around the neighbourhood, walk to school or go for a hike on Winter Walk Day. Don't let cold, wind, snow or rain keep folks from heading out for a walk. If they dress properly and practice winter safety, they're ready to go! Walking is fun when you walk together. It's good for our bodies because of the extra physical activity. It's good for the Earth if you walk as transportation because it cuts down on the number of polluting cars on our streets.
You may hold your Winter Walk Day on any day in February and register for it at this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WinterWalk2019. When registering for Winter Walk Day 2019, your school or group commits to the following 4 steps:
- Choose a day in February as Winter Walk Day
- Promote the event to participants
- Educate participants on winter walking safety
- Tell us how the event went on the Evaluation Survey that we’ll email to you at the end of February
By completing all these 4 steps your school/group will be automatically entered to win one of two $50 MEC gift cards. Your school/group's name will be entered in the draw twice, if you send us a picture or two of your event to share or feature on our website!
Please feel free to download any of the following documents to help you in your Winter Walk Day promotion and education efforts:
- 8.5 x 11 inch flyer/poster template, in English and French
- Template to use for announcements, in newsletters, etc., in English and French
- Winter Walking Safety tip sheet, in English and French
- NS Curriculum Links (grades P to 6)
For more information on this event, do not hesitate to contact us:
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Funders / Partners